I am a Denver psychologist devoted to helping you to make the mind-body connection. My focus is on helping you to optimize health and wellness. First and foremost, I believe this can be accomplished through the cultivation of an open, honest, and positive relationship with a well trained professional — one who recognizes and believes in your strengths.
But the relationship is just the start. I will implore you to learn skills of mindfulness, meditation, and cognitive science. Through this work you will build an enhanced sense of self efficacy to help you maintain the healthy life you’ve earned.
I will bring to you: my experiences in treating a range of populations since 2001; my current resources and expertise; my academic and clinical training, and real life expereinces.
Email Dr. Clancy: email@example.com, call me at 303-831-6248 x2, or book an appointment online by using the calendar below:
Dr. Clancy’s Expertise
- A former member of the clinical faculty at the Center for Integrative Medicine at University of Colorado Hospital.
- An integrative care specialist with strong ties to the top complementary and alternative health practitioners available.
- A humble sadhaka of the yoga of B.K.S. Iyengar, who works closely with Denver based therapeutic yoga experts to optimize and customize your wellness plan.
- A researcher and scientist who attempts to provide evidence for cutting edge approaches to treatment.
- A writer, creative thinker and social justice advocate, who works hard to help you even when we’re not in session.
Population Treated by Dr. Clancy
Since 2001, Dr. Clancy has treated adults, families and children who are:
- Suffering with chronic pain and/or chronic illness
- Struggling with an eating disorder, disordered eating, body image issues, overexercise, unhealthy relationship with food, obesity/bariatric surgery
- Adjusting to a new medical diagnosis
- Wanting to make positive health behavior change
- Caring for other(s) who are experiencing health problems
- Experiencing relationship, phase of life, or stress management problems
- Seeking mindfulness and meditation training or related life skills with Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Living with the mood states of depression or anxiety which often accompany the above and are sometimes experienced independently of them
- Requiring psychological assessment, including pre-bariatric and spinal cord stimulator surgery evaluations
Dr Clancy’s Educational and Real Life Experiences
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, University of Denver 2007
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Montclair State University, 2003
- B.S., Writing for Television, Radio and Film, Syracuse University, 1989
Worked from 1989 – 2003 as a writer and producer in entertainment and publishing, including the NBA, MTV, Sports Illustrated, Golf Digest, Newsweek, and New York magazine.